If I ask, "Describe India in one word? " The senior citizen's might say "Independent! " most of the middle age citizens might say "Corruption." and people of my age might say "Freedom!" All we want is Freedom!!! Freedom doesn't just mean equal rights or free to do anything anywhere it simply means freedom from everything, from poverty to corruption from malnutrition to education. We just want a Better India! Dreaming about better India isn't difficult but chasing that dream is. I already wrote about poverty and hunger.
Now let me write about Malnutrition. So what is Malnutrition? Malnutrition is a subject of National Shame! India is the most chronically malnourished country according to 2008 statistics. Undernourished children have more risk of death than children who are well-nourished. Thus these children are more prone to serious diseases. We live in a country that prides itself on power and weatlh, yet there are millions of children who go hungry every day. We all should stand together, together as one and fight against this obstacle.
There are list of causes for malnutrition. So if I sum up them they include:
- Illiterate mothers (or ones having less than five years of education).
- Poor access to medical services.
- Poor sanitation.
- Early marriages of girls.
- Pregnancy at early age resulting in ignorance about nutritional needs of infants and thus low birth weight of the newborns.
- Poor breastfeeding and many more resulting to malnutrition.
Proper nutrition is important, Nutrition ensure proper growth of mind and body. Mental and physical development both are important. Good nourishment is the right of every child and the government is also taken good steps towards it. Government needs our support and we all should show our participation in the national schemes. One of it is School feeding. It not only fills stomachs, but has a proven track record of boosting enrollment, attendance and academic performance. There are many other national schemes and we should look upto participating in it.
To prevent malnutrition there are simple ways :
- Proper and nutritious food should be feed during pregnancy.
- Improve breastfeeding practice.
- Proper sanitation must be maintained to avoid risk of infection.
- Proper nourishment must be done, over nourishment and under nourishment both are harmful.
- Control deficiencies in adolescent girls and women.
- Provide proper care to children at proper age.
- Provide information about Malnutrition.
If a child is malnourished both brain and body will put their hands down. Hungry people cannot be good at learning or producing anything, except perhaps violence. The child will neither be able to educate nor play properly. As said, Hunger and education must never go hand in hand. The graph shows us the rate of children under malnutrition
For better future India need better youth and for the betterment we should take steps to get ridoff Malnutrition. Think twice before you waste even a small grain. Somewhere atleast one child will be craving for food at this minute. I am going to #BlogToFeedAChild with Akshaya Patra and BlogAdda
For Better India Better Us!