Tuesday 2 December 2014

Child is meant to Learn, not to Earn..


On my way back home, I thought of having chai at the tapri nearby, So me and my wife went near the tapri, The chaiwala was preparing masala chai on a coal fire, besides him was a small boy, in morbid condition thin, tanned and it looked like the child managed somehow to fit in those trousers, wearing a shirt which must have been washed ages ago. You would pitty that poor little soul.
As he walked towards us, he slipped and fell on his face, the unglazed clay teacups (Kulhar) broke and the tea was all over the floor. The chaiwala yelled at him, and hit him hard. The poor little boy could only cry.
When me and my wife yelled at the chaiwala for hitting him, the chaiwala said, " Last month, this boy cried and praised near me to lend him 1000Rs and when its time to pay back, He has nothing in hand and agreed to work here. Since, the day he started working here he is creating mess around. He broke 5 kulhar's and now you are yelling at me for this boy!"
The tears in his eyes were so pure, that I couldn't resist myself from paying his loan amount. Me and my wife had word with that poor child, He said, "Saheb, Dhanyawadh! "
When my wife asked him "Why you borrowed 1000Rs ?"
He answered, " My dad left my mom for another woman, I have 2 sister's and a younger brother, My mom couldn't handle this and she tried to commit suicide. My mom was hospitalised and we went short of money, So I borrowed 1000Rs from Shamkumar Uncle (Chaiwala). We have no earning member in our family, so I couldn't pay back the loan and now I left school and have to work here." We took him to the NGO and the NGO is working for the betterment of that poor soul.
Put children in classes, not for washing the glasses!

This was just a short story depicting the problems faced by children. According to the 2011 national census of India, it is found that the total number of child labour, aged 5–14, to be at 4.35 million and the total child population to be 259.64 million in that age group.

These Children facing child labour, Just want better future.  

Make their Future Bright,
Shape their Future Right.
Please do a favor,
Stop this Child Labor.

I am going to #BlogToFeedAChild with BlogAdda and Akshaya Patra!

No comments:

Post a Comment